Timber Frame Eco Structures
This Technical Information section explains:-
- what timber frame is and why it delivers the best form of Eco Structure
- how timber frame compares with other forms of construction,
- why timber frame is the pre-eminent environmentally sustainable building method
- timber frame’s ‘Green’ credentials and low embodied energy
- why timber frame delivers the best thermal insulation
- why timber frame delivers lower energy building costs
- how using timber frame reduces CO2 in the atmosphere
- … and much more besides.
Each of the hyperlinked pages below gives you the opportunity to ask any questions you might have about timber frame construction.
– covering Fire Performance, Acoustics, Thermal Flexibility, Durability, Height, etc.
How to Build Timber Frame Eco Strucutures
You will also find an outline of the Timber Frame Building Process, from Survey and Setting out, through Method Statements and H&S Issues, to Shell Erection and Sequential Finish. There is even an outline of some of the Standard Timber Frame Details used.