Summary of Time Savings
In summary, the overall consensus is that using Timber Frame structures saves overall construction time because:-
- Foundations can be being built at the same time as the timber frame is being ‘built’ in the factory.
- Unloading and storage of lager elements on site is reduced.
- Massive time savings in assembly –v- ‘wet build’, especially waiting for ‘green’ mortar / concrete, etc. to ‘cure’
- Fast erection of weather-proof shell enables internal and external works to proceed in tandem.
- Greater dimensional accuracy of Timber Frame –v- ‘wet build’ facilitates faster site assembly of shell and other components.
- No, or considerably less, time needed for plasterwork and other ‘wet’ trades to dry out.
- Overall 25% -33% time savings may be possible.
If you have a particular question or problem we’ll be happy to answer it for you.
Just e-mail our Build Centre using our contact form