For employee entry into employment with Benfield ATT and progression within employment will be determined only by personal merit and by the application of criteria which are related to the duties and conditions of each particular post and the needs of the business.
Subject to statutory provisions no applicant for an employee appointment will be treated less favourably than another on the grounds of sex, marital or parental status, race, ethnic or national origin, colour, disability, sexual orientation, religion or age. Ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration.
If any person appointed as an employee considers that he/she is suffering from unequal treatment on any of the above grounds in his/her appointment or progression through the company, he/she may make a complaint through the grievance procedure.
The company will take active steps to promote good practice. In particular it will:
- Promote equality of opportunity
- Promote good relations between people of different racial groups, between women and men and between disabled and non-disabled people
- Have due regard to the need to eliminate discrimination on grounds of race, sex, disability, and other grounds set out in the statement on equal opportunities
- Monitor the recruitment and progress of all employees
- Take positive action wherever possible to support this policy and its aims
- Publish this policy widely amongst employees